Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day weekend...

I know alot of people use this weekend as the first big camping weekend and this year I say more power to ya! It is May 23rd and it snowed today in some of the mountains so it will be a cold trip not to mention gas is at $3.89 a gallon. ouch!!!!

Our family has an annual tradition that we meet Monday morning at 9:00 and have breakfast. It is usually outside but the weather this year may force us inside. cross your fingers it is nice. After breakfast, we go to my Grandpa and Grandma Burnett and Moulton's graves. The rest of the day is spent doing what ever we feel like including a BBQ later that day.

This hasnt always been the tradition. I remember we use to get out of school the friday before Memorial Day and then we always left on a family vacation the next day. Since my family consisted of 8 kids our vacations were camping trips or trips down to Dead Horse Point, Monument Valley, or someplace south. We did go to Canada to see my cousins and then to Yellowstone Park once but I LOVED these vacations. We are truly blessed to live in a state where we can be camping in a matter of minutes ( Spruces up Big Cottonwood), boating at a number of lakes or in a few hours drive in one of many national parks.

With gas prices at $3.89 a gallon this year, I was suprised to see how many people were on the roads with their campers and trailors. Have fun!!!!

No comments: