Saturday, July 19, 2008

I LOVE Oakcrest!!

Mutual
more mutual...
Patches and Makayla
Makayla really wasnt a sleep, I just happened to get her with her eye shut.

Kim, Bishop, Analee, Teagan, Makayla, Jordan

Pres Cutler
Sis Cutler

Yep, This was our stake YW's week for Oakcrest and luckily with my calling, I got to go for mutual night on Thursday. We visited with the girls and then all met in the lodge for opening exercises for mutual. Once that was over, they sent us to various parts of the camp for our own stake mutual night.
President and Sister Cutler gave a great talk on being Steadfast and Immoveable and setting goals in their lives. As he was talking about the 5 goals he had for the girls, I couldnt help feeling a bit sad. I remember when I was in YW and those same goals were what I wanted and was working towards. Unfortunately two of the most important ones (I thought) have not happened yet. My PB tells me that I need to be patient that things will happen in the Lords time. He new he needed to tell me that because I am not a very patient person and don't like to wait for things. I will tell you though, I have had a real eye opener. Growing up, I just "assumed" all my goals would be achieved if I did everything I could. As I have gotten older and things have happened or not happened in my life, I have struggled with the whole "Why not me", or the "Why me". Patience is something I am trying to work on.


They both did a great job and I want any of the girls that may read my post to know that EVERYTHING you are taught in YW and you seek after will come to you if you live worthy and are patient. It just may not be in this life.




The pictures above are some of the girls from our ward and our AWESOME Bishop and his wife. What a great group of girls. I LOVE YOU all!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Elison said...

You are so awesome! Be patient and things will come! I am so jealous that you got to go there it looks like a lot of fun! The girls look very happy! You are a choice person! Who always has the spirit of love with them! I have to say that I am thankful that I know you! Thanks for being such a great example to me and to the girls!!!! You're the best!Love you!

Queen Stephanie said...

fun stuff! I wish I could've gone to Oakcrest this year, but I am officially too old now... Bummer.