Monday, October 27, 2008

Hy and goodbye!

My mom is the only girl and the youngest in her family with 3 brothers. Hyrum (Hy), Dewayne, and Ron. This past Friday, her oldest brother ( the one in the back with a flower on) Hy, died. This picture was actually taken at one of his grandaughters weddings which he said he wasnt going to attend but then later did... I'll just say he hasnt had the best of relationships with his children (not because they havent wanted to) and leave it at that.

My mom and dad and her brothers and their spouses have been getting together once a month for dinner for a few years now and unfortuantely, I have seen more of their dad than they have.
One day my niece Kyndra was here and my mom said said she was going to dinner with her brothers and she asked what their names were. My mom started to name them and after she said Hy, Kyndra got a look on her face and asked if she had one named goodbye!. My uncle got a kick out of that one.


I am so greatful to have a close relationship with my family. We thankfully all live in the valley and we see each other very often. Any of my siblings reading this, I want you to know I LOVE you and enjoy spending time with you.

1 comment:

Jillene said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle!! It is nice having all of your family close huh?!