Monday, March 30, 2009

Quick update!

Update: Well, the Dr said it looks good. It looks pretty gross if you ask me. 15 stitches and a black and blue foot is not my idea of "looking good"
He did say I am still non weight bearing for 10 more days and that next week I can go back to work part time. He will take the stitches out on the 9th and then he will see about starting to walk on it. Maybe tomorrow I will post pictures of my cute skooter/knee walker that helps me get around.


Well, it has been 7 days since my surgery and so far, I am BORED!! Everything I guess, went well, the Dr called me the day after surgery and told me that he was able to sew up the tendon tear and removed a cyst (what??) that was on the tendon. He said that once he removed the cyst, he decided to do a cadaveric ( they use the muscles around the heart) graph around the tendon to help strengthen it. I go back to the DR this afternoon and hopefully he will take off some of this huge bandage I have on my leg. I still can't put any pressure on it for another week .

I'll post pictures later but right now, my foot hurts..

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad things went well. Hope things go well this week.

Material Mary said...

Good luck with your recovery!!
Mary

Karen Cummings said...

I am glad everything went well. Hope you don't get too bored. Good Luck!