Monday, March 2, 2009

Why Me???


Why is it always me that things happen to. I've been told many times that "if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong with shauna".. Like I ask for it!!! NOT!!!
I told you I have been in a boot for a couple of weeks already and after an MRI last week, I went back today to find out what it said. My Dr walked in and said he had some good news and some bad news. The good news was that he new what the problem was....the bad news being he can only fix it with surgery.


Apparently there are three tendons that run along the outside of your ankle with two of them behind the ankle bone. Those would be the Peraneol tendon and another I can't remember. Well, apparently some how I have torn both of them and they can only be repaired by going in and stitching them back together. My surgery is scheduled for March 23rd and I have to be off work for 10 days. I'll be on crutches for 2 weeks and then a boot for 4 more weeks and then probably PT.


I guess the good thing is that hopefully I can get this done and over with before Youth Conference and girls camp. I just hadnt planned on using 10 days of my precious vacation laid up. I guess I will get alot of appliqueing done.

4 comments:

Kim C. said...

I'm so sorry Shauna! Surgery is hard no matter what kind it is! Hopefully this will get you better though!

Jillene said...

OH NO!! How long is your hospital stay? Too bad you couldn't schedule it for March 26th because then we could suggest sharing a room!!

Material Mary said...

Just call it a minor hiccup in your life. Who knows, you might even have a surprise or two along the way. Appliquing (sp) is good. Have fun.
Mary

Stephanie said...

Oh my! What are we going to do with you. Sorry to hear about the surgery. I am sure it will all work out. If you need anything make sure to holler.