Wednesday, June 17, 2009

UUUgghh!!

Well, by now most of my readers, knowI was laid off yesterday. Today is better than yesterday and I am sure tomorrow will be better than today but it really sucks!! I know it is a blessing in disguise because I am able to pay off some bills and really try and get my business up and going. I am more sad for my little bro who was also laid off because he has a family and the many friends I worked with.

I know that people probably wonder why I am not bitter and I have to say the past 13 years have been an amazing experence. I have learned so much and had so many opportunities that if I hadnt worked for BLIC I may not have had them... I also met my bestest friend there. They were more than fair in the end as well. I won't go into the details because I legally can't, but the severance was more than fair. A really nice side note is that since they are downsizing, they are letting us keep our computers and monitors and I get to keep my company laptop as well. WAY WAY NICE!!

I had no idea while the guy waiting outside the building was trying to get us to talk to him, they were also taking our pictures. This is what was on the front page of the MONEY section of the SL Tribune today. Not the most flattering picture of me but then what do you expect.

Some day I will share with you the story behind how I came to work at Beneficial. The Lord had a hand in it then and I know he has a hand in it now.

3 comments:

Material Mary said...

Sorry about that news. But hey, life is all about experiences and there are plenty more to experience. Good luck
Mary

Jillene said...

I am so sorry that you lost your job. I know that there is a season and a reason for everything. Maybe this is your season to open a quilt shop!! You are in my paryers dear friend!!

Kim C. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job. You are right though, and you will be blessed with another opportunity! You are wonderful!