Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's over already...

I LOVE going to girls camp and can't believe it is over already. We had great weather, great food, great talks, and over all just a fabulous week. I could have stayed another few days but was glad to get home to my own bed and shower. Not that I didnt have a great air matteress this year. it rocked!! It was a raised version and would highly suggest it. This was our semi new camp committee.. ladies you rock!! Most stakes probably have to beg and plead to get men to come to girls camp.. not us.. we have one in particular that loves to come to girls camp each year. He makes sure in January or as soon as camp dates are set to get the time off and come spend the entire week with us. He even had his own cheers each time we met. Here he is with his Dr Suess hat on which I told him if need be, I wouldnt hesitate to use it as blackmail. Thanks for everything Bud!


Mock Disaster-Lynne our nurse put together a Mock Disaster as a way to test the girls knowledge about first aid. We (the YCL's and the stake camp committe and presidency) were the victims. Jenny and Lynne did an amazing job with the "mock" injuries.








Like my head laceration!! It looked so real!! The mask is my attempt each year to keep my asthma at bay.. it worked for the most part.. I did have an asthma attack on Wednesday night though but one is not too bad. Since I have a portable nebulizer, I can usually take care of it on my own.

We did a workshop of different examples of the believers from the scriptures and here were our actresses. This years' YCL's were outstanding.


Xochitil, Rachel, Jerica, Leka, Megan, Grace, and Stacie kneeling. We also had Natalie and Natosha.




This was Maleece's first year at camp and she appeared to have had a great time.
Here she is doing the jelly fish dance with her head hanging back.

We went to Echo lake again this year and the girls had a great time. The water was ALOT highter this year so there wasnt much of a beach but it was fun. I am really bummed because I had taken some fun pictures and after everyone got out of the water, I was looking at them and they were all gone. I had lost every picture i had taken up to that point. uugghh!!!



1 comment:

Jenn and Family said...

It was so much fun this year!! You guys did a great job!