Friday, May 28, 2010

COME WHAT MAY...AND LOVE IT!

Quite a few people know this is my favorite quote. It helps me remember that even when bad things happen in my life, I need to embrace them and "love it".

This past week I finally got in to the Neurosurgeon to see what he said about my neck since it has been hurting and my left arm has been getting weak. He said that the fusion that he did 5 years ago on the c5-6 and c6-7 discs had not "matured" as they should. Actually, one of them has fused but the the other hasn't and now the other disc above that he didn't fuse at the time now needs to be done. I kind of had a feeling this was going to be the prognosis but in a way I was in denial.

As he is reviewing the x-rays and chomping ( no lie) his gum.. he tells me that it is up to me as to when I have the surgery now or later but it is only going to get worse. I was going to try the epidural in my neck first and see how long that can prolong it but am reminded that it didnt work at all last time and am not sure I want to waste the money trying it this time.

Why couldn't this have happened last summer when I was out of work for 3 months. It looks like my summer or at least part of it will be spent laid up. I am hoping it can be done in late June, first of July when it is our slowest time at work.

Got to love my life..Come what may.. and love it , it could always be worse.

1 comment:

The Burnett Family said...

Shauna, so sorry that the trial hasn't ended yet. Love you to pieces, keep your chin up and know God loves you.ps I like the "sew into quits".... just my opinion