Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh Tannenbaum!!!

When I was growing up, these are the kind of trees (maybe a little fuller) we always had and I loved them.  My mother decided this year she wanted (along with the fake ones) a real tree she could put her icicles on. I think this will be an annual thing again since the house smells so nice and it is so pretty.


From the time I was little I can remember sitting at the top of the stairs Christmas morning with the rest of my siblings waiting for Dad to go down and turn on the Christmas tree lights so we could come down and see what Santa brought. As we got older, my Grandpa and Grandma Burnett would sleep over and it was always a toss up to see who was the first up; us or grandpa. Christmas was never big extravegent gifts mostly because when you have 8 kids, money has to stretch further but it has made me thankful for the homemade gifts i remember getting. I remember being excited for a new dress and hair clips, a doll and crayons and a new coloring book.


I am excited for Christmas this year because of the presents my mother has been working on for her grandkids.  I can't say too much about them yet because some of you readers are my nieces and nephews and I don't want to spoil the surprise.  I'll post pictures after the big day.  She has been one busy Grandma.

No comments: