Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Dad

The past few weeks has brought with it some uncertainty in our house.  My dad,  was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  I know now that if he has to have cancer, it probably is the best kind and one that if most men live long enough will end up with it.  It doesnt make the day i found out any easier.  CANCER is such a scary word!!  They did 12 biopsies and of the 12, 7 came back positive.  They decided to make sure it hadnt gone into his bones or anywhere else so they did a complete body scan and bone scan which thankfully both came back clean.  Since he is 77 and has diabetes, he really isnt a strong canidate for surgery so they are going to do radiation treatments.  Not fun but at least the prognosis is good.

It has been really neat to see my older brothers offer to go with my mom and dad to the Dr's and I know my mom has really appreciated it.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am sorry to hear this news Shauna. My prayers and thoughts will be with you! Know that I care and if you need anything please let me know!
Love,
Ashlee

Jillene said...

Your poor, sweet dad. Your family will be in my prayers!!

Material Mary said...

Scary times for sure. Good luck to your dad with all these treatments.
Mary